How old is Canada!
With Canada’s birthday quickly approaching we thought you might want to learn some interesting facts about our beautiful country EH? We are here to help with that at Little Monkey Rentals. These might not be “conventional” facts… or perhaps not even useful facts but they could come in handy while watching Jeopardy.
Without further ado… read on my fellow readers…
- Canadian inventions include the game Trivial Pursuit (Scott Abbot and Chris Haney), the telephone (Alexander Graham Bell), basketball (James Naismith) and the snowmobile (Joseph-Armand Bombardier).
- Whistler, British Columbia is consistently ranked as one of the best places in North America for downhill skiing.
- About 90% of us (Canadians) live within 160 kilometers (100 miles) of the Canada/United States border
- Canada is the second largest country in the world.
- Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick has the highest tides in the world.
- Ottawa, the capital of Canada is the second coldest capital in the world.
- The coldest temperature ever recorded in Canada was -63C (-81.4F) on February 3, 1957 in Snag, Yukon… can you say Brrrrrrr
- Ocean Falls, located in British Columbia, has an average 330 days of precipitation per year.
- Estevan, Saskatchewan has been mentioned for the sunniest place in Canada, it gets 2,537 hours of sunshine per year.
I hope some of these interesting facts makes you want to visit our lovely, interesting and diverse country. Of course if you are traveling with your little ones don’t forgot to contact us at Little Monkey Rentals for your baby equipment needs.
Little Monkey Rentals if you need to rent baby equipment while in Victoria, British Columbia, you’ve come to the right place!