Things To Do Victoria BC
Thinking about a trip to Victoria BC! What if you only have one day… what to do in this beautiful city? Lucky for you there are a plethora of things… that a family can do in one day. I will only focus on the downtown core (which is totally walkable).
As you may or may not know, Victoria is the capital of British Columbia… contrary to belief that Vancouver is the capital. Yes, Vancouver is much larger and perhaps more stuff to do, but Victoria keeps you grounded and has a charm about it that you cannot find in too many other cities.
Let’s start off by which way to get here: ferry or flight. You can’t go wrong with either one, but you can’t beat BC Ferries for the crossing from the Lower Mainland to Vancouver Island. Sure, it takes 1.5 hours… but wow, what views and sights you will see during the sailing. It should be called a mini cruise.
- Shop at Market Square in downtown Victoria – a unique shopping area
- Take a Harbour Ferry Tour
- Drop by Beacon Drive-In Restaurant – for the city’s best soft ice cream cones
- Stroll through Beacon Hill Park – and take in the Petting Zoo
- Tour our world class Royal BC Museum
- Have English Style Fish and Chips at Barbs at Fisherman’s Wharf or Red Fish Blue Fish at Ship’s Point
- Attend the Symphony Splash in the Inner Harbour on our August long weekend
- Take a stroll through Bastion Square right in the middle of downtown
- Can’t miss the Empress Hotel with all the history it has
That will probably be enough for the day in Victoria – remember that is just downtown. When you come back next time you still have Oak Bay, James Bay, Cordova Bay, Cadboro Bay, Sidney, Mt.Tolmie, Mt.Doug… so many things to do and see here.
Don’t forgot to contact us for your baby equipment rentals needs during your visit. Enjoy your stay!!!!
Little Monkey Rentals if you need to rent baby equipment while in Victoria, British Columbia, you’ve come to the right place!